Ticket to Ride is all aboard the Humble Bundle with Android 7

At Days of Wonder, being avid gamers ourselves, we’ve always been huge fans of Humble Bundle – not only is the price right (you pay what you want) and their choice of indie games included in each Bundle always a delight, but they’ve also done a terrific job of supporting charities we care a great deal about – such as Child’s Play!

So we actually were really humbled and totally delighted when they offered to include Ticket to Ride in their Humble Bundle with Android 7 – in the company of such stellar games and long-time favorites of ours such as The Bard’s Tale, Worms 2, Greed Corp, Incredipede and Anodyne.

T2R-humblebundle

If you already own and love Ticket to Ride on Android or Steam, these other games are a must-check; and if you don’t own it yet, you’ll never find a better price, since you get to decide how much you will contribute.

So what are you waiting for? Go ahead and check out Humble Bundle with Android 7. The page has just gone live; you can now acquire all these games in one terrific bundle for the price of your choice AND your contribution will help support two charities – Child’s Play and the Electronic Frontier Foundation.

For all the specs and to learn more visit the Ticket to Ride for Android webpage.

38 Responses to “Ticket to Ride is all aboard the Humble Bundle with Android 7”

1. B B says:

So, please explain how to get the listed-as-included DLC DRM-free. I will *NOT* create an account nor connect online in game to “activate it”. That’s the very definition of DRM. Please provide a proper download that will let the game play with the additional map without needing an Internet connection, that thus can be saved and used indefinitely.

2. tim says:

I bought the bundle but I found no information on how to get the USA 1910 DLC, can someone just make a short post on how to get it?

3. Stephen says:

I too have purchased the game with humble bundle, and would like to know how to enable the 1910 expansion.

4. Matthew says:

I was pretty disgusted to learn the 1910 pack was NOT actually included with the purchase. There’s no information on how to install the extra content, just the option to buy it separately. I never expected to be ripped off by the HumbleBundle.

• Yann @ DoW says:

Matthew, you probably missed the instructions at the bottom of the Humble Bundle download page.

To activate your USA 1910 DLC, grab its Steam key from your Humble Bundle download page, and go to http://www.daysofwonder.com/hb
      Making sure you are connected with your Days of Wonder account, enter the Steam key and voilà!

Have fun with the game!

Yann @ DoW

• Matthew says:

I use the HumbleBundle app to download the games, and it made NO mention of any such extra steps. I re-read the e-mail I received from HumbleBundle and again, saw NO mention of the extra steps needed. I used the “download” link that HumbleBundle e-mailed me and it made no mention of extra steps needed to unlock the DRM burdened map. I had to contact customer support to get this information because it was allegedly disclosed in a place many user will never see it.

These games are supposed to be DRM free, yet I need to log in with an Age of Wonder account to play the extra map? How, exactly is that NOT DRM? More to the point, why wasn’t the fact that the “DRM Free” claim was a bald faced lie not disclosed BEFORE I purchased the bundle?

• ACS says:

Calm down, sport. It’s not DRM because creating an account for Days of Wonder is free, and you just use the steam key that’s already there when you purchased your Humble Bundle. Not the first time this has happened with the HB, and you’re not connecting to the internet every time to access it. You just have to go to another site to download the (free) extra content, that’s all.

And the instructions are pretty clear when you click on the confirmation link. And I quote: “To access the DLC in the DRM-free and Android versions of Ticket to Ride, please visit http://www.daysofwonder.com/hb. To get it on Steam, simply redeem your Steam key for the DLC!”

I’m against DRM as much as the next guy. But I take time to read things before I get angry. Like the definition of Digital Rights Management.

5. Hutty says:

To get the dlc you have find the steam key you received and enter it at daysofwonder.com/hb. Once you do that return to the game, go to more, online games and enter your account. It should update you with the dlc.

• Matthew says:

The fact that one of the maps was locked away behind DRM should have been disclosed BEFORE I wasted money on an allegedly DRM Free game.

6. tim says:

This is an android humble bundle, not a steam bundle.

7. gibbb says:

Yes it all works, Get humble bundle app. Login, download ticket to ride, then go to more -> online something ->login there. The game and dlc will show up in the app. Hope this helps someone. Cheers

• Matthew says:

Nope, doesn’t work.

According to Days of Wonder support you have to jump through a few hoops to get the DRM laden content. Forget it. Even if I hadn’t wasted an evening trying to get content I supposedly paid for already, I’m annoyed that the “DRM Free” claim turned out to be a big fat lie. I’m contacting HumbleBundle for a refund and never buying another bundle again. I simply cannot trust them to actually provide the content they claim to be selling me, nor can I trust what they’re selling actually IS DRM Free.

• Shane says:

Cutting off your nose to spite your face.

…you do recall that the main gist here is charity, right? Honestly, if you not participating in the future helps to avoid rants like these I would be more than happy to double what I am paying to “cover” the cost of peace and quiet.

8. Joey B says:

May I suggest the kind peoples of DOW update the HB/TTR install packages to include the 1910 expansion.

9. Douglas says:

How do I activate my HB7 w/ Android DLC if I didn’t get Steam keys? It isn’t posted anywhere that you have to pay at least the $1.00 mark to get the DLC, so I didn’t pay that much.

• Ayk says:

Excuse me for being blunt but if you paid below $1 for any of the bundles, you are a Douchebag with a capital D. The cost of transaction and licensing alone costs HB more than what you are giving them. You are getting free games at their loss. Don’t do it and then claim you have a right…

• Chas says:

Says the huge Douchebag that lectures people over how much (or how little) they paid. Isn’t that the entire point of “pay what you want”? If it’s such a big deal for Humble Bundle if you pay less than a dollar, then why don’t they make it a one-dollar minimum? Fact is, you can buy a Humble Bundle for one cent if you want to, and that’s the way the Humble Bundle folks have set it up. And if you pay less than a dollar, that’s your choice. Maybe you already own all the games but one, and that one isn’t worth a dollar to you. Maybe you need the other 90 cents to buy six packages of ramen so you can eat this week. Whatever the reason, Humble Bundle doesn’t care…they’ll let you pay less than a dollar, so apparently they are happy with it.

The truth is, the users do have a right to get the 1910 DLC if they’ve paid less than a dollar. Humble Bundle spells out the rules, it’s pay what you want for DRM-free, $1 minimum to get Steam keys, and beat the average to get the second-tier items. Nowhere in there do they mention that the 1910 DLC requires you to pay $1 or more to get a Steam key. There have been items in previous bundles that specified that they were Steam-only, and that you wouldn’t get them unless you paid more than $1. In this case, they should have listed Ticket to Ride and the 1910 DLC as two separate items and noted that you needed to pay $1 or more to get the 1910 DLC. Since they did not, it is not unreasonable for people to be upset that they aren’t getting what they paid for.

10. przemas says:

Under Steam for Linux it does not work – the button Games Online shows error unknown and null.

11. Daria says:

My account on the site shows the USA 1910 DLC already activated for me and won’t allow me to use the HB steam key to activate it once more.

The android version allows login into online game with either password or email. And I did login with my email address (which is not possible on the site as I see). I was told that my account is found and the game accepted my password for site account. Still no DLC in the game :(

I’m using the version of the game bought from Google Play, but I understood from the instructions it shouldn’t make a difference.

• Daria says:

Android version is showing my login name in the settings screen. It’s the same one I login into site with, and the same one Steam version is showing. Still no DLC.

What else can I do to trigger the update to receive DLC on android?

• Daria says:

Got an answer from support. Turns out Google Play’s version just won’t work with this scenario, but as soon as you drop that, install the HB version and login with your DOW account you’ll get _all_ the DLCs from your DOW account unlocked on your android. Very nice for me, as I already had all the available DLCs on steam :)

12. James says:

I’m having a problem with Ticket To Ride under Linux. When I try to run it, it tells me that it needs to download an update and then it closes. I can’t see any process running that might be a download agent. Is there an alternative way for me to get the download?

• Jens says:

I am having the same problem. If you turn off your internet connection, you can at least play off line. But it is not the same :( I bought the humble bundle mainly because of this game. very disappointing

• Jens says:

I think that is a problem of the .deb file. I used the .sh file and installed it again and the update works without a problem

13. Stefan says:

When I paste the Steam code it says “You already own the corresponding map. No need to activate it again.” But I can still only play the original map and no other. Am I missing something?
    Thanks in advance.

14. Kevin says:

Finally got things to work the way I wanted: TtR for Android, with the 1910 DLC, on both my phone and tablet so one can play against the other, but with a couple of caveats. Part of the problem is that opening the email link takes you to the mobile download page, which does not have the instructions for the 1910 dlc. Following the link at the bottom of the page to the full site will take you to it.

First off, you need to set up a Humble Bundle account to access the Steam keys and two Days of Wonder accounts for the DLC (one for each device). The main game can be downloaded from the link in the email without either account.

Go to http://www.daysofwonder.com/en/hb and enter the steam key, then submit it. This will activate the 1910 game modes in the game on one device. Logout of the first account on the DoW site, then login to the second account and enter the *same* steam key there, and that second device will have 1910 access.

Please note that I have not tried this in the already-bought-dlc-previously scenario, but as far as I can tell, the humble bundle download and dlc work as advertised. The game does not have a way to play over a local network, so any online play will need a DoW account anyway.

Hope this helps!

PS: The HB7 admin should be made aware that–on the mobile device download page–there are no instructions for the TtR DLC. Since it makes sense that someone purchasing this bundle for use on Android would be using their android device to access the email and thus the HB7 download page, the latter should updated with the same link and text as the full site page.

15. Jack Ketch says:

I have TTR installed on my PC (Steam account) and my Android tablet. I see the 1910 expansion only on my PC, even though I’ve connected my Steam userID on the Android tablet by creating a DoW account/password.

How do I get the 1910 expansion to show up on Android?

16. Xul1349 says:

I don’t know why everybody bitch about the dlc. It was pretty easy to install using the steps provided in the download link. it have not only the 1910 classic, but also 1910 Mega game and 1910 Big cities. Well done!

17. Elpinoino says:

Nope, does not work. I have activated both DLC packs on my days of wonder account. So I can play the DLC on steam. But I can`t access the DLC on cellphone or tablet. Both devices is logged in with the same account, and when accessing the account from options I can see the DLC is activated, so it`s the correct account….

• Elpinoino says:

Never mind. The solution is to install the Ticket to ride version of the game that comes with HUmble bundle, you can`t use the version bought from play market!!

18. mark says:

I originally bought Ticket to ride and the 1910 and Asia DLC from the Google Store. I activated the 1910 and Europe DLC via your site. I could not access the Europe DLC. I uninstalled the Ticket To Ride from my Nexus 7 and install the Ticket To Ride from Humble Bundle. Now I can access the 1910 and Europe DLC but can’t get the Asia DLC. How do I resolve this?

• bimraaaa says:

Hi, I’m having the same issue with my TtR where I couldn’t acces the content I already purchased on the humble bundle version and vice versa, did you ever find a fix for this or is it ongoing? I’m not having much luck getting a reply from DoW on the issue.

19. C4b says:

Hey there, i just installed the game from the humble bundle app und the game itself loads up, but after starting a game the game hangs on “preparing the game” screen (Vorbereitung des Spiels an the german version). However, i can back out with the arrow key on the top left corner.. any idea how to start a proper game?

• buderd says:

My Asus memo pad HD 7 does the same thing….its very irritating cause ticket to ride was the first reason I bought the bundle

20. C4b says: