More than 3 years ago, Small World was the first digital board game to ship on a tablet, the same day the iPad shipped! Today, we are proud to introduce Small World 2, a from-the-ground-up rewrite and massive update to our best-selling board game. We’ve added 3-5 player maps, 2 different online modes, pass’n-play and local play, along with the new-to-digital Be Not Afraid… expansion and much, much more.
Small World 2 is bigger and better than its predecessor in every way. A host of new features await you in this colossal update:
- New 3, 4 and 5 player maps to conquer, in glorious full retina mode!
- Play Online games in real-time or turn-by-turn, with friends & strangers from the world over; and Local games over Bluetooth or Wifi
- Playing with friends online is easy with extensive Game Center, Facebook, and Days of Wonder Online Buddies integration
- Solo Play against up to 4 built-in AI
- Pass’n Play with up to 5 live players on a single iPad
- 20 additional Races & Special Powers to master through in-app purchases of Cursed!, Grand Dames and the new to digital version of Be Not Afraid…
- Online, Solo & Face to Face scores with daily, weekly, and perpetual rankings
- A Comprehensive Small World Encyclopedia detailing all rules, races, special powers, icons & more!
For existing Small World iPad players who’ve been clamoring for these new features, we’ve got great news – Small World 2 is available to you as a free upgrade – the largest one ever available for any board game! Once updated, you’ll be able to add the brand new to digital Be Not Afraid… expansion via in-app purchase. With 5 additional Races and 5 new Special Power badges it’s time to welcome the Barbarians, Homunculi, Leprechauns, Pixies and Pygmies to the Small World party!
If your iPad has yet to be invaded by this zany cast of fantasy characters bent on mischief and mayhem, now is the time to add Small World 2 to your iPad. Your tablet will never be the same!