Players spoke… we listened. The new 1.1 update to Ticket to Ride for iPad is now available through the App Store and it’s filled with all kinds of improvements. Here’s the short list:
- Pass-and-Play: You can now play alongside up to 4 of your friends with your iPad! You can even mix real players and robots. You can view the actions taken by others on their previous turn, including the specific routes they claim.
- You can now mute voices (Go to Settings in the Mechanic’s room).
- You can skip various animations by tapping the screen (e.g. start up, Ticket completion, end-of-game with fast-forward skip button on the side).
- Better support for colorblind players (icons on cards and routes in zoomed mode). Buttons in Central Station now have names for easier navigation.
- You can now set the number of players when creating an online game from the Restaurant.
- When you choose Tickets, cities of the currently selected Tickets are highlighted in blue for easier planning before confirming your choices.
- Just-in-time log in: to avoid problems for players with poor Wi-fi connections, Ticket to Ride now logs on to the Days of Wonder server only at the last moment, and only when necessary. We also added an automatic quick recovery in case of connection loss.
- Several crashing bugs have been fixed and there are also a variety of user interface usability improvements.
For a more detailed list, check out the App Store description: or simply launch the application on your iPad to get the new version.
Learn more on the Ticket to Ride for iPad web page.
This post is also available in: French