This is it! The 8 finalists who will compete in the first ever Ticket to Ride World Championship have now been determined. Soon they will all be on their way to Paris.
On Saturday June 19th, the le Musée de la Carte à Jouer (Card Game Museum) at Issy-les-Moulineaux, will host the inaugural Ticket to Ride World Championship. The 8 national champions will fiercely compete on the various Ticket to Ride maps to claim the title and win the grand prize – a fabulous journey on the Orient Express.
The 8 players are:
- Eric Miller, who won the North American championship on April the 10th in Columbus, OH
- Jay Fox, the North American runner-up
- Krystian Romanowski, Polish champion on April the 17th in Gdansk
- Rémi Bec, French champion on April the 25th in Toulouse
- Pere Garriga Solé, Spanish champion on May the 15th in Madrid
- Jürgen Grauer, German champion on May the 15th in Herne
- Patrick Deckers, Benelux champion on May the 29th in Bruxelles
- Ian Andrew Vincent, UK champion on June the 5th in Birmingham
Congratulation to all of the finalists for getting this far. We’re sure they are in the midst of intensive training to prepare themselves for the Ticket to Ride Championship.
As they will all want your support on the day of the championship, we will soon announce a surprise that will allow you to follow your favorites during the event!
Spanish Champion, Pere Garriga Solé (in black, center),
along with other finalists from the Spanish Championships in Madrid