Re-write your Small World History with Tales & Legends!

Will you end up drinking the Philter of Forgetfulness, be flung from the Great Catapult, or even have a chance to seduce the White Queen?

Thanks to this new expansion for Small World, the wise veterans of the game now have a chance to re-write History…

Tales & Legends introduces 54 new Event cards that change the storyline of each turn during the game.  Some events may have small consequences, while others are nearly cataclysmic in their impact.

Click on the cards to zoom

At the start of each turn (except the first) a new event card is drawn and put into play. The next Upcoming Event is also visible, so players know what faces them on the next turn.

This expansion was created by Laurent Verrier, Special Prize Winner of the Small World Design Contest. Philippe Keyaerts, the original game’s author, provided additional development assistance.

This expansion requires a copy of the original Small World board game and is expected to be available in late June or early July at better game stores around the world. The suggested price is $15/€12.

You can pre-order your copy of Small World – Tales & Legends right now from the Days of Wonder webstore

11 Responses to “Re-write your Small World History with Tales & Legends!”

1. Fingrin says:

I’m so happy to read this 🙂 I love this game 😉

2. Josh says:

wow I am so excited for this. and early July? awesome I wasn’t expecting it so soon. This is going to add so much replay value to a game that already had tons of that. with 54 event cards 19 races and 27 special powers (and I’m assuming they will eventually expand on the races and special powers) no two games will ever be alike

3. Jesse Rasmussen says:

Good point, Josh! No games will ever be the same. I’m looking forward to this expansion and can’t wait to see some more of the effects these cards have on the game!!

4. Jimmy S says:

I really really really hope this expansion comes with a new storage tray for the expansion race tokens. That would be a really nice addition to help organize things.

5. WMReed says:

Interesting! Is there any chance this will be available early at Origins?

6. This expansion is the format of a large deck of cards and as such cannot contain any storage solution for tokens, sorry. And it just might be able at Origins, but this will really depend on how quickly the shipment gets through customs, something out of our control, so no promise there.

7. Rasgon says:

Hi Eric! One question: it this expansion compatible with the two previous expansions published?
    Thanks!

8. Eric Hautemont says:

yes (in that you could play with all three together if you wanted to), but tales & legends is totally different. it’s more like an event deck to spice up your game whenever you feel like it.

9. Rasgon says:

What I meant… I saw that some cards refer to specific races such as elves. What about the expansion’s races?

10. no, there are no expansion-specific card that I can remember.

11. Lord Nibbler says: