Days of Wonder Announces Small World for iPad

Days of Wonder today announced its Small World™ App for iPad, one of the first interactive board games designed specifically for iPad.

The Small World App for iPad uses iPad’s innovative Multi-Touch interface and large screen to provide a tabletop virtual board game with touch control of the game elements. Players can intuitively move their fantasy forces across the game map as they conquer new lands, while the app automatically enforces the proper movement rules and the strengths and weaknesses unique to each troop.

Small World for the iPad is for two face-to-face players and is available now for $4.99 from the App Store on iPad. Additional in-game add-ons, including new packs of fantasy races & special powers, will be made available in the future for purchase separately.

Visit the Small World for iPad web page to learn more.

13 Responses to “Days of Wonder Announces Small World for iPad”

1. Okie says:

That’s awesome! Now if I could just afford an iPad. :)

Will there be an iPhone/iPod version as well, or are those devices deemed too small?

2. Eric Hautemont says:

Too small for this particular purpose. In other words, an iPhone or iTouch is probably not something you’d want to all be sitting around with some friends (which is what Small World for iPad is all about).

3. Ian M. Sirota says:

Well, for those of us who don’t have and don’t have the money or plans to get an iPad, this stinks!

4. Jesse Rasmussen says:

Interesting that simply because you won’t be able to enjoy this, you think it stinks…what about all the people who do have the iPad or will be getting the iPad? I would think this would be welcome news for those lucky folks! This is an exciting announcement even though I won’t benefit from the iPad version of Small World either.

5. Znapperhead says:

Well, if you cant afford an iPad, you could always play the board game… :)

This is great news. I’m waiting for my pad, and this would be a great way to play a great game where one cant bring the whole board.

Would love to see an iPad version of Memoire

6. Lee says:

This is wonderful news. I’ll be buying this tomorrow, as soon as I get home from the Apple Store. I agree with the other poster though, Memoir ’44 would be AWESOME on the iPad.

7. Eric Hautemont says:

Please make sure to read the release notes on our forum first.

8. Jon says:

Truth be told, I really thought Ticket to Ride would be the first iPad app …

9. Jesse Rasmussen says:

I could see future releases for the iPad that include Ticket to Ride! Memoir ’44 might be harder to do…but it could happen.

10. Engputer says:

Congratulations! I love to see this game to be released on iPad! Brilliant jobs done!!

11. JimV says:

I think this is a great idea but why limit the app to only 2 players? I think many would agree that the 3-5 player versions are more enjoyable.

12. Zak says:

Interesting that they would do Small World. I still think its awesome! I hope DOW continues to come out with apps for Ticket to Ride and Memoir 44.

13. Leo Rodrigues says:

Just bought this myself…it was really cool. Whether you have an iPad or not everyone should be excited. This is the beginning of a new era of computing. Won’t be long before lots of people are using some sort of tablet device.

I did think however that ticket to ride would have been a shoe in for the iPad.
    Better yet, battledore without all the set and worrisome piece tracking.