Price changes in US

corpo-100.jpg

While we have resisted raising prices over the past few years, fast-rising fuel and raw material costs, combined with a weakening dollar, have led to significant increases in our production and shipment costs for games. These issues have finally reached a point where we can no longer ignore them.

Effective immediately we are changing the suggested retail price in North America of Ticket to Ride, Ticket to Ride Europe and Ticket to Ride Marklin to $50; Mystery of the Abbey, Pirate’s Cove, Shadows over Camelot and Colosseum to $60; BattleLore to $80; and Gang of Four and the Ticket to Ride 1910 Expansion to $20. Prices for games and expansion not listed here remain unchanged.

These new prices are already reflected in our web store, and we have notified our distributors and retailers.

Price increases are never popular, but we felt that we owed you an explanation for why these changes are necessary. They will enable us to continue to bring you fun games to enjoy with your family and friends for many years to come.

– The Team at Days of Wonder -

9 Responses to “Price changes in US”

1. Phil Jervell says:

The quality of you games and the amount of fun I have had with my kids makes the new prices a bargain. Keep making great games and I will keep coming back for more.

2. Mark Boyd says:

Even though the price seemed high when I went to buy my first game, it was instantly obvious that the high quality of the game made it well worth it. The price increase doesn’t matter as much when the quality is high. Keep up the good work!

3. Brian W. Cook says:

I’m just hoping this also helps us get back to the matte boxes and away from the glossy boxes that never open or nest easily.

4. E.R. Burgess says:

All the money I paid for TTR Nordic Countries doesn’t seem too bad now…;)

5. Nate U. says:

I agree with everything that has been said from the high quality of the games to the matte boxes. Just promise us that if the economy ever gets back to where it used to be, chances are that that won’t be for a while, but if they do, please return the prices to where they were before.

6. Bo Link says:

Nate, I don’t think that will ever happen. Once a price increase takes effect, there’s usually no going back. The only way it will happen is if sales drastically reduce. Besides, I highly doubt that fuel costs are ever going to be where they were a few years ago. That impacts everything.

7. Matt Bryan says:

If it weren’t for the fact that Days of Wonder production values having decreased so dramatically recently, it wouldn’t be an issue. But since they’re saving so much money by using Chinese factories that make a noticeably inferior, I don’t see why they would also need to raise the prices.

8. Lou-Dawg says:

Glad I already own 4 of these!

9. Stexe says:

Ugh — just when I want to get Shadows Over Camelot it get price hiked up $10… :-/

Guess I’ll just have to find a retailer that hasn’t heard about the price change yet.